“Daugavpils – the town on Daugava river”
Special offer from Park Hotel Latgola Tourism Office
Sightseeing excursion “Daugavpils – the town on Daugava river”
Acquaintance with town’s center:
• The Unity Square and the Unity House
• Dubrovin’s park; based in 1882 with fountain and rare tree species
• University of Daugavpils (with a chance to visit observatory, pre-order only)
• “Little St. Petersburg” – A. Pumpura park – the oldest park of the town, orthodox chapel
• Rigas street – one of the first pedestrian streets in Latvia
• St. Peter’s Roman Catholic church which is similar to Basilica of Vatican
• Art nouveau buildings
Town’s dam, view of Daugava river.
“Church Hill” – unique place where churches of all Christian confessions are located:
• Roman Catholic Church of the Immaculate Conception
• Orthodox Cathedral of St. Boris and Gleb
• House of Prayer of First Old Believer’s Community
• Cathedral of Martin Luther
Dinaburg fortress – landmark of 19th century
Fortification system: gates, bastions, fronts, ravelins, casemates
• Building of water tower (information and cultural center of fortress), water reservoir
• Building of artillery arsenal (Mark Rothko Art Center)
• Tragedies on fortress territory: concentration camp for Soviet prisoners of war “Stalag-320”, jewish ghetto
• Commandant’s building, hospital’s building, garden of fortress
Additionally we advice to visit:
• Mark Rothko Art Centre
Entrance tickets: 7,50 Eur (for a group of 10 persons and more). Latvian, Russian or English speaking guide – 10,00 Eur. Duration: 1,5 h.
• Zoo of Latgale
Entrance tickets: 0,60 Eur – adults,0,30 Eur – children.
• Local history and art museum
Exhibition halls about different time periods in Daugavpils district. Art gallery of Leonid Baulin, Exhibition hall about district’s nature.
Entrance tickets: 2,82 Eur. Latvian or Russian speaking guide – 7,00 Eur (for a group of 10 persons and less), 0,28 Eur /per person (for a group of 11 persons and more). English speaking guide – 14,00 Eur.
The museum offers educational programs for adults and children (optional):
“The miracles of floristics” – picture making of dried plants;
“Old-time toys” – making a toy of hay.
Price of the program – 1,50 Eur/per person. Duration: 1 h.
• Clay Art Centre
Acquaintance with working with clay technique . Exposition of Latgalian ceramics. Entrance tickets: 2,13 Eur, You can make Your own clay DIY.
House of Prayer “Kadish”. Story about Jewish praying and householding . Entrance and excursion for donations.
• Shot Factory
This is the only shot factory in Nothern Europe which works in an old way. It was built in 1886. You can visit shooting range and factory’s tower, too.
Entrance ticket: 4,00 Eur, tower – 1,50 Eur.
• House of Russian culture
Russian art, ceramics and culture.
Duration of the excursion including one of additional objects is 3 hours. Without additional objects – 2 hours. In case of visiting more than one additional objects program prolongs.
Park Hotel Latgola tourism office
Ģimnāzijas street 46, Daugavpils
+371 654 04915, +371 27888 249